INTERSPEECH conferences are attended by researchers with a long-term track-record in speech sciences and technology, as well as by early-stage researchers or researchers interested in a new domain within the Interspeech areas. An important part of the conference are the tutorials held on the first day of the conference, September 15, 2019. Presented by speakers with long and deep expertise in speech, will provide their audience with a rich learning experience and an exposure to longstanding research problems, contemporary topics of research as well as emerging areas.
We encourage proposals for addressing introductory or advanced topics in an introductory style as well as for targeting experienced researchers who want to dig deeper into a given new topic.
Tutorials, each three-hour duration, may introduce an emerging area of speech-related research, or present an overview of an established area of research, rather than focus on the presenter’s individual research.
Date and Venue of the Tutorials
September 15, 2019; two 3h sessions, in the morning and in the afternoon, in the main conference location (Messecongress Graz).
Proposals Should Include (in this Order)
- Tutorial Title
- Presenter(s) (Name and Affiliation)
- Contact Information (Email, Telephone)
- 3-4 sentence abstract summarizing the proposed tutorial that could be used as an advertisement
- Description of the proposal (1-2 pages description plus a few relevant references and any webpages/material useful for reviewing the proposal)
Explanation of relevance of the proposed tutorial (0.5 – 1 page)
- Tutorial Logistics, including
- Duration (3 hours = 1 session)
- Description of Presentation format (e.g. one or more presenters etc.)
- Special equipment required for the tutorial
- Choose one option for the distribution of the accompanying material: (1) with a USB stick or (2) with a password-protected download link.
- Presenter information
- Biography of Presenter(s)
- Key Publications of Presenter(s) on the tutorial topic
- List of previous tutorial experience
- Audience information
- Target Audience (e.g. new researchers to the field, research students, specialists of adjacent fields, etc.)
- Other considerations/ comments
- Bibliography (from description)
Proposals for INTERSPEECH 2019 tutorials may be no more than 4 pages long and
must conform to the format stated above; please use clear headings to indicate
each point. Proposals should be submitted by email to
February 1 , 2019 and notification of
accepted proposals will be given by March 5, 2019.
By submitting a proposal, the presenter(s) understand the ISCA policy of
strongly encouraging video-recording of the tutorial for education purposes
if the proposal is accepted. Access to recording materials will be given via
ISCA Video Archives.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
The tutorial chairs:
- Barbara Schuppler
- Florian Metze
- Dorothea Kolossa